Finding what you’re looking for on the internet can be quite a daunting task, therefore, we’ve made it a little easier for you, by selecting some of our favorite sites.
New Employee Forms
- W4 Use this form to determine employee’s federal income tax withholding.
- I9 All employees must complete this form at time of hire for the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- SavingForCollege.com Learn how to best save for your children’s college education. Find out how 529 Plans and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts can help you save wisely.
- U.S. News’ College Center A vast storehouse of information on higher learning. Take the College Personality Quiz, view the rankings of America’s best colleges, compare several schools with customizable side-by-side comparisons, and that’s just the beginning.
- National Council of Higher Education Based in Washington, DC, the National Council of Higher Education Loan Programs, Inc. (NCHELP) represents a nationwide network of guaranty agencies, secondary markets, lenders, loan servicers, collectors, schools and other organizations involved in the administration of the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). Since its founding, NCHELP has represented its members on public policy and regulatory issues with the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.
- Microsoft MoneyCentral MoneyCentral is the best source for all your personal finance needs. Get quotes, stock research, portfolio tracking, news, and online bill payment. Keep informed and on track with a broad range of personal finance topics.
- CBS MarketWatch This investment supersite provides links to stock quotes, IRA information, financial news, mutual funds, stock recommendations, investment message boards and much more.
- Travelex The largest airport foreign exchange, foreign currency, currency exchange, Bureau de change and foreign money provider. Providing competitive exchange rates, travelers cheques and online currency converters.
- Consumer World Before you purchase a product or service, spend a few minutes at Consumer World and save yourself the agony of buyer remorse. Research rates and comparison shop until you drop, for everything – cars, travel, credit cards and much more.
- ABC’s of Real Estate Ad-free, in depth, step-by-step tutorials on buying, selling, and mortgaging your home. The site includes a comprehensive glossary of Real Estate terminology. A must visit site for homeowners or prospective home buyers!
- AutoAdvice Car Buyers Guide This site, while not ad free, has first rate advice to car buyers. It is sponsored by a company that provides quotes on cars. Nevertheless it is the best source of information we’ve been able to find on the net for car buyers and is written in plain English, including buy vs. lease, shopping around, negotiating, top ten mistakes made by car buyers, sneaky stuff to look out for, and more.
News, Newspapers, and Magazines
- CNN.com CNN.com is the best place for up to the minute news. Superb coverage of major world events as well as a link to local news.
- New York Times An eight page digest of the New York Times presenting the highlights of the front-page articles, the top foreign, national and business news, sports, results, the daily crossword puzzle, and a selection of editorials and commentaries.
- The Newspaper Association of America The Newspaper Association of America provides a large list of U.S. magazines with Web sites. Some contain the full content and back issues of the publication and others are little more than advertising brochures. Most contain information to help and appraiser looking for locational background.
- Pathfinder Site A site created by Time Warner with access to many newspapers, bulletin boards, chat sessions and other media material. This site is in a constant state of radical revision. Time, Time Daily, People, People Daily, Life, Nightly News, Money Daily, Asiaweek and National Review online.
- Money Magazine Money Magazine online edition is a outstanding resource for tax, real estate, insurance and retirement information.
- The Internal Revenue Service Downloadable tax forms and publications as well as a lot of great tax advice.
- Social Security Administration Learn how the Social Security Administration can help with your retirement, medicare, disability, survivorship and other benefit questions.
- U.S. Small Business Administration You don’t need an MBA to use the SBA. This site outlines everything in plain English. The SBA site contains a wealth of information for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- U.S. Department of Commerce A thorough overview of the Commerce Department and the organizations under its banner.
- Federal Consumer Information Center Not only a catalog of free and low-cost federal publications of consumer interest, but also a wealth of information on other subjects such as product recalls, the latest scams and frauds, and more.
- Tucows The Internet leader in software downloads and reviews. Software for every user, Windows, Macintosh, PDAs, Unix, Linux and more.
- C/Net Software This is a huge search engine giving access to hundreds of thousands of programs plus demos, drivers, upgrades and patches.
- Download.com A C/Net affiliated site offering shareware and freeware programs to download, including software, music, and games.
- AVG Anti-Virus AVG Anti-Virus FREE Edition is a well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Anti-Virus FREE is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Anti-Virus FREE is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).
- Investopedia Stock Market Simulation Game Sign up free and $100,000 of virtual cash is placed in your account. Build your portfolio with any stock that trades on a major North American exchange. Your account simulates all aspects of investing with an online brokerage and tracks what happens to your investments.
- Gazillionaire Try the free shareware version of Gazillionaire, the award-winning game of business strategy. Become a mogul or tycoon in this out-of-this-world economic simulation game and build a financial empire. Yahoo! Computer Life Magazine declares: “If you’ve dreamed of becoming an extra-terrestrial Trump, Gazillionaire is the answer to your greedy little prayers.”